Trustpoint.One is recruiting Senior Communications Specialists for a 3-month contract-to-hire position for our Richmond, Virginia based law firm client.
This new job opportunity is a contract-to-hire role and high performing candidates will be eligible for conversion to permanent hire status with the law firm following the 3-month contract period. This is a remote job (with the potential for 1 weekday of work in the law firm office being required in the future). Candidates must live and work in Virginia (ideally in the greater Richmond, Virginia area) and new hires will be using firm supplied computer equipment.
The Senior Communications Specialist will be responsible for efficiently managing communications with law firms and settlement claimants in a professional fashion and performing complex review of documents to provide excellent customer service while maintaining the integrity of claims data with tasks including data entry. The hourly pay rate will be $23.00 per hour and the start date will be January 17th, 2024. The daily work schedule will be 8:30am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday, no flextime or weekend work available. This is a 40 hour per week assignment.
The Senior Communications Specialist position will require about 80% written email communication and about 20% phone communications (that mix will be subject to change based on workflows). The interview process will consist of an initial phone interview with Trustpoint and an interview with the law firm’s Communications Team Director.
The primary duties and responsibilities may include the following:
- Handle complex verbal and written communications from law firms and claimants concerning settlement inquires. Perform outreach to law firms and claimants to answer questions.
- Act as a brand ambassador to represent the firm in a positive manner through written and verbal communication.
- Display courteous and professional dialogue whether through email or phone.
- Engage law firms and claimants by going the extra mile and providing outstanding customer service.
- Develop professional relationships and proactively address concerns.
- Follow Communications Team procedures when handling inquiries.
- Record notes in program database according to the procedures for each project.
- Review calls or claims to provide information to the law firm, client, and other counsel outside the firm.
- Review calls or claims submissions and apply completeness rules to determine completeness of required documentation.
- Review financial and/or medical records and apply complex methodology in order to value claims.
- Research and gather additional information on financial and medical terminology.
- Prepare correspondence to communicate benefit determinations.
The qualifications desired may include the following:
- Bachelor’s degree desired.
- Prior law firm or legal oriented experience is highly desired but not required for consideration.
- A Paralegal Certificate is desired but not required for consideration.
- Two (2) years of customer service would be beneficial but not required. Areas include insurance claims adjustment, teaching/training, hospitality, human resources, office administration, technical support, and call centers.
- Demonstrate ability to build and maintain effective relationships.
- Customer focus and adaptability to different personalist types.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills to include the drafting of clear, concise emails and the presentation of questions that are pertinent to assignments.
- Demonstrate strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook). Excel skills highly desired.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Professional appearance, work standards, and demeanor that is reflective of a law firm setting.
- Capacity for performing tasks requiring high levels of analytical ability.
- Demonstrate flexibility to respond to and manage different tasks, often with competing priorities; and willingness to accept new task assignments.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Perform administrative duties that are subject to production requirements.
- Work with sensitive material that requires a high level of confidentiality.
Interested candidates should submit a Microsoft Word version of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org