Are you looking to make a difference and join an exciting organization? Trustpoint One is seeking a team of Bilingual (Spanish/English) Licensed Staff Attorneys for several opportunities in Harlingen, TX. The Bilingual Staff Attorneys will work on immigration matters, mostly related to immigrant children (detained or recently released). Must be able to relocate to Harlingen, TX - relocation assistance and additional benefits are available for candidates with the following experience:
Bilingual Staff Attorney Responsibilities:
- Provide direct representation to detained or recently released immigrant children as required or permitted by current funding contract(s);
- Review legal screenings conducted by shelter services departments. Review and assign follow-up services, including additional interviewing, referrals to other legal services providers and child advocates, or in- house representation;
- Court appearances in immigration court to represent children in removal proceedings;
- Assist with the training and retention of pro-bono attorneys and other legal volunteers;
- Monitor case activities.
- Juris Doctor;
- Licensed and in good standing in any U.S. jurisdiction. Texas licensure is a plus;
- Bilingual, Spanish speaking;
- Immigration experience;
- Prior work experience with children is a plus, particularly from Central America and including Mayan language-speaking population;
- Experience practicing law and prior field work experience is preferred.
If you’d like to learn more about the Bilingual Staff Attorney positions in Harlingen, TX, please submit your resume in Word format.