https://trustpoint.one/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/T1-1.png 0 0 Drew Murray https://trustpoint.one/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/T1-1.png Drew Murray2023-02-21 15:15:432023-02-21 15:15:43Billing & Collections Specialist – Legal
Billing & Collections Specialist – Legal
Trustpoint is proud to partner with a prestigious midtown law firm in their search of a Billing & Collections Specialist. This direct hire opportunity will be located at the firm's midtown Manhattan office in a highly congenial environment. Successful candidates will have at least 5 years of law firm billing and/or collection experience.
- Prepare and distribute draft bills
- Edit draft bills and final bills
- Respond to attorneys and staff inquires both oral and written to discuss billing statements, status of payments, accounts receivable and requests of copies of bills
- Prepare spreadsheets on the ledger history, outstanding WIP and AR as requested
- Review open accounts for collection efforts
- Interact with billing attorneys/secretaries on outstanding amounts
- Resolve client-billing problems
- Make collection calls as needed in a professional manner while maintaining good client relations.
- Provide timely follow-up on payment arrangements.
- Correspond with clients to encourage payment of delinquent accounts.
- Maintain records of collection efforts/status by attorney
- Communicate with billing attorneys to project/forecast revenues
- Special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of law firm billing and/or collection experiences
- Strong written and oral communication skills, problem solving and analytical skills required
- Knowledge of Elite 3E required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel & Word
- Must have attention to detail with an eye for accuracy
- Creative, self-disciplined and capable of completing tasks independently
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and track extensive detail
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with personnel
- Willingness to work with and assist other staff members in accomplishing work assignments
- Must be able to handle confidential information sensitively and discreetly
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a resume for immediate consideration!