Trustpoint One is assisting a well-known law firm in its search for a Commercial Finance Attorney. Attorneys with outstanding client relationship, legal and organizational skills seeking a role that involves working directly with clients leading deals, negotiating loan documents and providing strategic advice to clients are encouraged to apply.
Commercial Finance Attorney Job Responsibilities:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a variety of commercial finance loan documentation (including credit agreements, security agreements, note purchase agreements, subordination agreements, guarantees, intercreditor agreements, and other ancillary corporate documentation) and delivering such documents in an efficient manner.
- Developing new client relationships and partnering with the Finance team to expand existing relationships. Participating fully in marketing and business development efforts, both individual and as a member of the Finance team.
- Identifying and analyzing legal issues and raising relevant issues to attorneys and clients while providing guidance, advice and counsel.
- Working with junior associates in preparing and maintaining transaction checklists.
- Monitoring deal progress and status of documentation; coordinating with junior associates and paralegals regarding the same.
- Supporting the Finance team by creating and updating forms and template documents, as necessary.
- Communicating with attorneys, staff and clients on transaction status, documentation needs, legal issues and more.
- Explaining legal options to clients and bringing possible outcomes or issues to their attention.
- Responding effectively to questions and requests of clients and attorneys.
- Supervising junior associates and paralegals with legal due diligence, including reviewing and summarizing disclosures schedules and virtual data rooms, conducting lien searches, and gathering publicly available information.
- Gathering and organizing client and borrower information.
- Executing and developing strategies to resolve matters favorably, efficiently and cost-effectively for clients.
- Juris Doctorate degree.
- Licensed to practice law in Illinois.
- Minimum of five years’ experience practicing law.
- Experience with and advanced understanding of commercial finance transactions.
- Excellent contract drafting skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly with clients.
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple, unrelated projects simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently delegate to, and supervise work of, junior associates and paralegals.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Sound judgment, including the ability to identify issues and communicated clearly with other lawyers and clients.
- Seven years’ commercial finance experience, including substantial experience in one or more of mezzanine finance transactions, asset based lending, cash flow lending and borrower side finance work.
- Up-to-date understanding of legal issues affecting commercial lenders and borrowers.
- Significant experience drafting, analyzing and negotiating complex documents.
- Knowledge of finance law issues including the UCC .
- Able to travel.
If you would like to learn more about the Commercial Finance Attorney position in Chicago, Illinois, please submit your resume in Word format.