https://trustpoint.one/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/T1-1.png 0 0 Leslie Tucker https://trustpoint.one/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/T1-1.png Leslie Tucker2023-03-14 14:02:142023-03-14 14:02:15Commercial Litigation Paralegal
Commercial Litigation Paralegal
Great opportunity for a Commercial Litigation Paralegal to join a leading law firm in their Raleigh, NC office on a direct hire basis. This paralegal will support attorneys with litigation matters involving financial institutions, corporate, and business litigation in federal and state court, North Carolina Business Court, arbitration and class actions. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Case preparation from beginning to end
- Maintaining and monitoring court deadlines for assigned cases and taking ownership of case calendars
- Electronically filing documents with the Court through the ECF system under the supervision of an attorney
- Performing online PACER research
- Preparing drafts of pleadings, notices, and motions
- Preparing deposition notices and organizing, maintaining and preparing deposition materials, exhibits and summaries
- Tracking and managing discovery, including document productions
- Participating in case strategy meetings and handling routine calls and correspondence to courts, outside attorneys, and clients
- A minimum of 2-3 years of commercial litigation paralegal experience in a law firm
- Thorough understanding of a paralegal’s role in the litigation life cycle
- 2 or 4-year degree and a paralegal certificate; however, work experience may be substituted for education.
- Ability to conduct research using various research tools, including the Internet and Westlaw.
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed to meet business needs.
- Well-developed critical thinking, organizational skills, and the ability to meet deadlines.
- A strong sense of accountability, and the ability to take ownership over projects and responsibilities and resolve issues proactively as a team player is imperative.
- Must also be technology savvy and be a quick study in learning new software.
If you would like to learn more about the Commercial Litigation Paralegal position available in Raleigh, NC, then please submit your resume, in Word format, by clicking the Apply Now button.