New York City office of a well-established and busy financial institution is growing and seeking either an experienced Commercial Real Estate Paralegal OR JD with real estate experience to join their legal team as Closing Officer. The Closing Officer will have responsibility for:
- Coordinating and managing the legal due diligence process for commercial mortgage originations
- Working with internal and external counsel to ensure all material issues related to the review of title policies, surveys, loan and organizational documents and ucc/litigation searches are cleared
- Establishing and maintaining close communication with each transaction’s originator, underwriter, closing counsel and borrower representatives
- Preparing and issuing financing commitments based upon approved loan terms
- Reviewing and responding to legal questions and issues presented by screening, underwriting and servicing departments
The qualified candidate will have at least 6 months of commercial loan experience. Large law firm experience is a plus. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Commercial Real Estate Paralegal or JD with real estate experience who is looking to make the transition to an in-house role. This is a great opportunity to work with a close-knit team in a busy and expanding department!
Qualified Commercial Real Estate Paralegals and JDs with real estate experiemce are encouraged to submit a resume, in Word format, for immediate consideration.