Trustpoint.One is collaborating with a major international law firm in their search for a Competitive Intelligence Manager in their Lower Manhattan office. This position will support the firm’s strategic decision-making, based on internal and external data and analysis, and will help to drive decision-making in relation to the firm’s clients and markets strategy, as well as providing strategic advice and intelligence to the firm’s executive committee. This position will also provide timely research to support the firm’s day-to-day client development and enhance the firm’s pitch ROI, including developing the firm’s BDMC data and technology strategy. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and guide the global market & competitive intelligence team and outsourced research provider to deliver timely research and analysis reports in response to requests from the partnership, the BDMC function or other parts of the firm, including client briefs, industry or market trends reports.
- Work closely with the BDMC leadership team to support the strategic direction and decision-making of the Business Development, Marketing & Communications (BDMC) function and the Firm, including in relation to the client and industry program, feedback program and pitch strategy, including providing regular reports on KPIs.
- Liaise with the Firm’s Executive Committee (ExComm) to provide research and analysis to support strategic decision-making. Including the production and presentation of timely and concise summary reports with clear recommendations.
- Provide proactive market and competitor intelligence to ExComm, the wider partnership and other parts of the firm.
- Monitor the Firm’s key clients and industry sectors and related news sources to identify and communicate information about potential opportunities to relevant stakeholders.
- Work closely with the global BD Technology team to ensure best practice use of the firm’s CRM system (Microsoft Dynamics), matter database (Foundation), and other BD Technology systems.
- Develop the BDMC function’s data strategy, including how to gather and effectively use data from the various systems across the Firm (Aderant, Matter Hub, Foundation, Microsoft Dynamics, etc.).
- Develop strong relationships with other members of the professional services team (including in Finance and IT) to develop a coordinated approach to reporting across the functions.
- Work closely with the knowledge and practice development teams to optimize use and ROI of third party data sources.
- Maintain a high level of understanding of the latest legal and business research methods and tools.
- Keep abreast of developments in technology, including AI, and develop ideas to help drive efficiency across the BDMC function.
- Manage the relationship with our outsourced research provider, including setting priorities, briefing and coordination across geographies, and tracking performance against KPIs.
- Support and deliver training and best practice for the BD, marketing & communications team, attorneys and others engaging in market & competitor intelligence.
- Foster a culture that supports collaboration and team spirit committed to professional excellence and the highest levels of client service.
- Manage, mentor, and develop the market & competitor intelligence team in the U.S. and EMEA.
- A minimum of 7 years of research/business intelligence experience, ideally in a professional services or corporate environment. Previous experience at an international law firm is preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Post graduate qualification in an information, research or business -related discipline an advantage (but not essential).
- Solid understanding of research techniques and technologies, analysis, and market & competitor intelligence.
- A track record of delivering timely, accurate and concise reports with clear recommendations to support decision making and firm strategy.
- Focus on actionable outputs and deliverables with understanding of, and ability to use, innovative techniques to display information and data.
- Impeccable written and verbal communications skills.
- Detail-oriented, and organized work style.
- Proven project management skills, with the ability to multitask and change priorities as required.
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables within a tight timeframe and deliver high quality work.
- Ability to work globally and interpret and translate business requirements into research output.
- Ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders.
- Proactive approach to defining needs and delivering solutions.
- Knowledge of CRM systems, including Microsoft Dynamics, and matter databases, including Foundation, is preferable.
- Effective interpersonal skills, with the ability to work well with and build trust with different stakeholders and build consensus around new programs and initiatives.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues across the BDMC function and the wider Firm.
- Ability to effectively balance the desire for broad change with an understanding of how much change the Firm is capable of handling, to create realistic and achievable goals.
- Experience working in a global environment and sensitive to different cultural perspectives.
If you would like to learn more about the Competitive Intelligence Manager position in New York, NY, then please submit your resume, in Word format, by clicking the Apply Now button.
Trustpoint.one provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.