Trustpoint One is pleased to partner with one of the world’s leading law firms in its search for a Conflicts Attorney to join the Conflicts and New Business Intake Department of the Washington, DC office. The role is responsible for assisting with legal research, analysis, and counsel on matters relating to conflicts of interest, ethics and professional responsibility issues, compliance, and other matters.
Conflicts Attorney Job Responsibilities:
- Working with non-attorney conflict staff to identify, analyze and resolve ethical and business conflicts issues related to requests for proposals, new business intake, lateral transfers, thrust-upon conflicts, media checks, secondments and other matters;
- Working directly with attorneys and other stakeholders to resolve ethical and business conflicts and draft engagement and waiver terms, including scopes of engagement, specific and advance waivers, alternative fee arrangements and other terms;
- Advising on ethical wall memoranda and work with stakeholders to ensure enforcement;
- Performing legal research and analysis relating to conflicts or other matters pertaining to ethics and/or professional responsibility;
- Draft and present memoranda and presentations on recent developments in conflicts law;
- Reviewing and recommending revisions to outside counsel guidelines and other terms, and negotiating same;
- Completing special projects under the direction of the Managing Director of Conflicts and New Business Intake and/or the Office of General Counsel.
- J.D. required;
- 2+ years of experience at a mid-sized to large law firm (preferably multinational).
- Knowledge of and familiarity with conflicts rules as well as other ethics and professional responsibilities rules and laws in the United States, Europe, Asia and South America;
- Experience using intake and conflicts products to perform conflicts checks (experience with Intapp’s new business intake and conflicts modules is desired);
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule with the ability to cover on-call shifts;
- Experience using various databases such as Intapp’s suite of products;
- Excellent legal research and writing skills.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and writing sample in Word.