Trustpoint One is assisting a top tier firm in its search for a Conflicts Attorney to assist the Firm’s Office of General Counsel, Conflicts and New Business Intake Department in analyzing conflicts in legal matters, advise clients on solutions, and negotiate on behalf of clients. The position has hybrid flexibility and can sit in any of the following locations: Baltimore, Boston, Chesterbrook PA, Chicago, Ft Lauderdale, Harrisburg PA, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, New York, Newark NJ, Orange County CA, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Princeton NJ, Washington DC, West Palm Beach FL, Wilmington DE.
Conflicts Attorney Job Responsibilities:
- Analyze conflict reports and identify potential conflict situations;
- Procure, review and draft waiver letters and engagement letters from appropriate attorneys;
- Confirm need and establish ethical walls to screen individuals from particular clients and matters as part of conflict clearing process;
- Answer queries from professional staff across the Firm concerning conflict checks and processes;
- Communicate with Firm attorneys to propose, coordinate and document resolutions; and
- Liaise with General Counsel and other Firm attorneys to identify business conflict issues and review and approve conflicts forms as necessary
- Additional duties as needed.
- Juris Doctorate degree and active member of the Bar in good standing;
- A minimum of 7 years of experience working in a mid-large sized firm
- Experience in database searching and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word);
- Close attention to detail, fast thinker and ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines; and
- Requires ability to oversee and supervise staff members, as needed by the Department.
- All candidates must be able to work at a computer screen for a sustained amount of time
- Ability to travel to the Firm’s other offices and for external events
Work is performed in a professional office environment and requires the following during the work day:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time (working at a computer)
- Repetitive movement (i.e. heavy computer/keyboard use).
- Individual will interact regularly with others verbally, in-person, and via written communication.
- May require occasional light lifting (files, copy paper, etc.).
Qualified candidates should submit a resume in Word format.