Trustpoint One is pleased to work with an international full service law firm in its search for a Conflicts Attorney. The Attorney will identify and resolve conflicts of interest and client relations issues associated with new clients, matters and laterals. This position will sit in the firm’s Richmond, Virginia office.
Conflicts Attorney/Analyst Job Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance and assistance in connection with clearing conflicts of lateral hires.
- Provide direction to lateral hires with clearing conflicts, opening matters, and transfer of files from former employers.
- Review and analyze Outside Counsel Guidelines and other documents for compliance with ethical rules and firm policies. Notify appropriate attorneys when terms that are inconsistent with firm policy or unacceptable are discovered. Drafted correspondence to modify Outside Counsel terms.
- Coordinate the review of Outside Counsel with firm leadership and other administrative departments as needed.
- Review, identify, analyze and make recommendations to resolve new business conflicts and firm risk management issues arising from new business and/or conflict search requests.
- Take ownership of assigned conflicts matters and ensure completion of the analysis in coordination with Business Intake Attorneys.
- Analyze the legal sufficiency of information provided about new clients, matters, parties and scope of services.
- Manage the collection, supplementation, and verification of information necessary for analyzing and resolving issues pertaining to conflicts.
- Gather data sufficient to resolve client identity and conflicts issues identified.
- Juris Doctorate degree required.
- Minimum of three years of business and/or legal experience preferably in a law firm, professional services, or other client relationship-based organization.
- Active bar license preferred.
- Ability to travel on occasion.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed to meet critical deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Strong commitment to client service excellence and teamwork.
- Possess the highest standards of ethical conduct and professionalism.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate across all business units and exercise sound judgment and flexibility.
- All candidates must be able to work at a computer screen for a sustained amount of time.
Qualified attorneys should submit a resume in Word format.