Trustpoint.one has partnered with a start-up company in their search for a team of contract Staff Attorneys to join their growing organization on a temporary, part-time basis. This remote position is an exciting opportunity for Attorneys with a passion for civil rights. The contract Staff Attorneys will be responsible for duties that include:
- Providing legal support regarding basic civil rights matters
- Preparation and review of legal documents
- Direct engagement, via video conferencing, with clients and members of law enforcement
- Documentation and reporting following video call engagements
The qualified Staff Attorney will have the following qualifications:
- Membership, in good standing, of at least one US State Bar
- Interest in federal civil rights and constitutional law
- Strong aptitude for listening and comprehension; good note taking skills
- Private, dedicated workspace and laptop with internet and video capabilities
- Ability to commit to a fixed work schedule for the first 30 days of this assignment
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus, but not required
- All candidates must be able to work at a computer screen for a sustained amount of time
This is an exciting opportunity for contract Staff Attorneys who are interested in civil rights advocacy and a desire to give back to their community. Role is a minimum of 20 hours per week at $25 per hour.
Interested and qualified contract Staff Attorneys are encouraged to submit a resume for immediate consideration.
Trustpoint.One provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.