Trustpoint One has partnered with a global market leader and manufacturer in the field of electrical engineering in its search for a temporary corporate paralegal to provide in-house contracts and corporate paralegal services to the company’s Legal Department. The successful paralegal will possess in-house or law firm experience and well-rounded understanding of contracting, contract management and business principles.
Paralegal Job Responsibilities:
- Provide general assistance to Counsel involving various legal work, including legal research, drafting, proofreading, document comparison, etc.
- Assist with the management of insurance certificates and corporate governance activities
- Provide administrative tasks such as certified mail requests, scheduling, and scanning
- Serve as the primary “Administrator” to the Contract Management Software (ContractLogix)
- Input executed contracts and extract accurate crucial tracking information
- Update contract records to reflect user requests, expiration or renewal terms, changes to contract owners, setting notifications or alerts, etc.
- Oversee security and access rights for employees
- Prepare and communicate key contract reports and information
- Provide associated training to employees
- Respond to requests for copies of contracts, including providing interpretation of non-complex contract language
- Gather necessary information to draft contract templates in response to internal requests
- With Counsel’s assistance/oversight, prepare red-lined versions of contracts, reflecting edits for the other party’s review
- Research contract related issues and prepare suggested solutions to Counsel regarding contract drafting and negotiation issues
- Coordinate the execution of contracts
- Monitor and report on the retention of Legal Department records.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in paralegal studies from an accredited university
- Minimum of 5 years’ in-house legal department or law firm experience
- Superior attention to detail and ability to provide an accurate and consistent work product
- Takes initiative, is proactive, and works well with ambiguous information
- Excellent time and project management skills and confident management of responsibilities
- Ability to communicate and articulate clearly
- Exceptional writing skills, including outstanding knowledge of grammar etiquette
- Solid understanding and demonstration of confidentiality
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and address unexpected delays, changes, or other events
- Superior critical thinking skills, using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to issues
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, Adobe Professional, and Internet research
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a resume for immediate consideration.