Trustpoint One is seeking an experienced Corporate Counsel with experience in Contracts and Transactions for a long term temporary role in Oakland County, Michigan.
Corporate Counsel (Contracts/Transactions) Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage a contract review program for a large multinational corporation with over 20 separate legal entities submitting contracts for review into this review program;
- Responsible for the oversight and management of Company’s contract document review program including training, policy promotion, management of external legal vendors and law firms, procedural overview and reviewing and advising employees on various types of contracts and agreements;
- Oversee the electronic intake of all contracts, classifying those contracts in determining the best method to provide comprehensive legal review and analysis on each contract;
- Management of incoming requests; triage of contract review requests; review of contracts as needed; assignment of contract review to outside counsel and legal process outsourcing vendors; and tracking of contract review metrics;
- Provide client friendly legal services relating to contract review, advice and counsel and training to sales, procurement, IT, finance and other functional departments on a broad range of transactions, contracts and agreements;
- Draft, review, and negotiate terms and conditions, RFQs, quotes, agreements, purchase orders, real estate leases, licensing agreements, purchase agreements, non-disclosure agreements;
- Support business clients in negotiating price, deliverables, services scope, warranty, indemnification, insurance, limitation of liability and other commercial terms;
- Manage outside counsel and legal vendors including obtaining budget, limiting scope of services as needed and facilitating compliance with client deadlines;
- Ensure consistency of contract terms with company policies and goals;
- Work with in-house attorneys, paralegals and company business units to develop contract strategies;
- Collaborate with and facilitate cross-team decision-making among the legal team, business teams and other internal teams;
- Provide practical legal advice and support on business matters to the firm’s sales, procurement, IT, finance, engineering and other departments;
- Manage delegation of authority and corporate governance;
- Manage document workflow and maintain related systems and files;
- Maintain contracts in contract management software system;
- Maintain/update a database of standard contract forms and templates;
- Advise internal clients on routine contractual and legal issues;
- Research, analyze and summarize statutes, regulations and legal articles.
- J.D. degree and membership in at least one state bar in U.S. (Michigan or Indiana preferred);
- Minimum 5 years’ prior experience (law firm or in-house) in negotiating a wide variety of commercial agreements and drafting associated language and terms.
- Demonstrated and verifiable experience in project management (PMP or similar certification preferred).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Ability to manage projects; Organizational and multitasking skills; Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and show initiative; Detail oriented;
- Ability to travel 10-15% of the time (passport required);
- Outstanding client service mentality; Thorough and effective research skills.
If you’d like to learn more about the temporary Corporate Counsel position, in Plymouth, Michigan, please submit your resume in Word format to email@example.com.