Great opportunity for an experienced Corporate Paralegal to join a leading law firm in either their Washington, DC, Boston, or NYC office on a direct hire basis to provide paralegal support to Financial Services Group attorneys. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist attorneys in filings, mutual fund formations, reorganizations, proxy statements and annual updates of prospectuses.
- Assist attorneys in all aspects of private fund offerings, including federal and state securities filings.
- Organize, index, file and maintain documents and other materials in various media formats.
- Proofread prospectuses, board minutes, forms and other documents.
- Conduct EDGAR and other electronic database research.
- Monitor client team workflow and maintain status reports.
- Practice and foster an atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation.
- Perform any and all other duties as necessary for the efficient functioning of the Department, Office and Firm.
- General corporate skills, including experience with corporate formation, dissolution, board resolutions and board minutes.
- General knowledge of governance and regulatory compliance.
- Ability to work independently and perform research.
- Proofreading ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with internal and external clients.
- Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to think critically and analytically in a pressured environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and electronic filings.
- Bachelor’s Degree and three to five years of experience in the investment management (preferred) or corporate area.
- Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (not required):
- General knowledge of Investment Company Act of 1940 and Investment Advisers Act of 1940.
- General knowledge of Securities Act of 1933 and Securities Exchange of Act of 1934.
- General knowledge of federal and state securities filing requirements (Blue Sky, Form D).
- General knowledge of Section 13 filings.
If you would like to learn more about the Corporate Paralegal position available in either Washington, DC, Boston, or NYC, then please submit your resume, in Word format, by clicking the Apply Now button.