Trustpoint One is pleased to partner with a leading international law firm in its search for a Corporate Paralegal in its Chicago office. The qualified paralegal will assist attorneys and paralegals in all corporate transactions to include preparing basic corporate documents, retrieving, reviewing and distributing documents in all matters relating to corporate transactions.
Corporate Paralegal Responsibilities Include:
- Draft basic incorporation/formation documents, amendments and foreign registration documents for Corporations, LLC’s, LP’s and LLP’s.
- Draft of basic dissolution and withdrawals filings for Corporations, LLC’s, LP’s and LLP’s.
- Conduct UCC searches, analyze search results and prepare UCC search results charts.
- Prepare UCC-1 and UCC-3 financing statements, including exhibits.
- Draft and file annual reports in all states.
- Attend to saving Commitment Letters, Subscription Agreements, Side Letters and Dual Commitments to iManage.
- Compile execution versions of necessary agreements ahead of closing date.
- Preparation of stock certificates.
- Assist with Due diligence review.
- Assist with organization of and mailing of IRS 83(b) Elections.
- Prepare SS4 Applications and apply to IRS for Employer Identification Numbers.
- Prepare closing index and closing binders, including digital and hard copy and distribution to interested parties.
- Conduct state research to determine corporate status of companies.
- Ability to work with external corporate vendors to handle attorney and client requests.
- Proofread, redline and compare documents to include, but not limited to charts, reports, client letters, etc.
- Prepare correspondence and external written communication to distribute various corporate documents, certifications, UCC statements, etc.
- Attend and assist in corporate closings, including compiling and organizing signature packets for execution by parties.
- Assist with DocuSign of client documents.
- Provide notary public services, if commissioned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 1-2 years of Corporate Paralegal job experience in a professional environment required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe acrobat and Excel.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail when performing duties.
- Ability to proofread typed material for contextual, grammatical, typographical or spelling errors.
- On occasion, additional hours may be required
- Minimal travel.
Interested and qualified Corporate Paralegals should submit their resume for immediate consideration.