Exciting long-term opportunity for an experienced counsel with strong entertainment related background. Trustpoint.One is working with our client in Burbank, CA– a global entertainment corporation – on their search for a contract attorney to provide expertise related to a variety of matters. This contract opportunity offered at a competitive rate, will hold responsibilities that will include:
- Assist with negotiations and closing of project deals, including network-studio development and production deals.
- Review and provide recommendations related to talent deals, including writer/producer, director and series regular and other on-camera deals (including test options)
- Review and recommend action and/or approve budgets of several projects per month
- Licensed (and in good standing) with the State Bar
- 7+ years experience in Business Affairs (at least 2 years experience within a major TV network or Studio - preferred); 3+ years practicing at a nationally-recognized law firm preferred
- Extensive knowledge of SVOD transactions including movies, network and studio licensing, co-productions, development and talent deals, IP acquisitions, contingent compensation structures, and agency package arrangements
- Strong ability to manage budgets and timelines in Production environment
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their current resume for immediate consideration.