Great opportunity for an experienced litigation paralegal to join a Hartford area law firm on a direct hire basis. The paralegal will prepare client files to achieve the best possible outcome, either before trial or after trial. Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Communicates with all involved parties in a timely manner, performs factual research, analyzes documents, drafts pleadings and supporting documentation, coordinates document production, and analyzes insurance, medical, and third party recoveries.
- Sets expectations and provides guidance to clients, instilling confidence in the firm and team.
- Develops case strategy with and provides case reviews to supervisor.
- Identifies cases' relevant parties, liabilities, and issues.
- Reviews files at inception or upon receipt for updating.
- Collects, analyzes, organizes, and maintains information and documents in accordance with correct legal practices, procedures, and firm protocols.
- Obtains, analyzes, and summarizes medical records.
- Prepares legal documents including affidavits, pleadings, briefs, and legal correspondence.
- Prepares and answers interrogatories and responds to requests for documents.
- Prepares and files pleadings, motions, and other documents with the court as directed.
- Prepares pre-trial memos and arbitration notebooks.*
- Manages, records, and organizes all discovery and trial data, including exhibits, and prepares and maintains trial notebooks.
- Locates witnesses.
- Summarizes testimonies and transcripts.
- Drafts settlement documentation including demand letters, powers of attorney, settlement statements, and releases.
- Develops and maintains a working relationship with clients to ensure the expeditious gathering of facts and information necessary for litigation or settlement activities.
- Directs and coordinates law office activity for team, including subpoenas, police reports, and medical records.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Case Management Systems.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university, and two to four years of experience as a litigation paralegal, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good interpersonal skills, time management skills, and project management skills necessary.
If you would like to learn more about the Litigation Paralegal position that Kelly Legal Managed Services has available in Hartford, then please submit your resume, in Word format, by clicking the Apply Now button.