Excellent opportunity for an experienced Estate Accountant in the Philadelphia office of a top global law firm. The Estate Accountant will be responsible for performing a variety of fiduciary accounting tasks, including estate and tax planning projections and estate and trust administration. In this role, the Estate Accountant will be responsible for:
- The preparation and review of all types of fiduciary income tax returns, including federal estate tax returns, income tax returns for trusts and estates, Generation-Skipping Transfer tax forms, PA inheritance tax returns, gift tax returns, Form 990s, and tax returns for charitable trusts.
- Assisting in the response of IRS audits including the written draft response and coordination of exhibits.
- Maintaining group task management database to accurately track deadlines of tax returns, annuity payments, Form 709s and ETIPs.
- Providing support to lawyers as part of client team, which includes running calculations for interest on notes, tax projections and estate plans; analytical analysis, tax projections, and estate planning flow charts.
- Working closely with clients regarding accounting and tax issues pertaining to individuals, partnerships and corporations.
- Researching relevant tax laws related to tax preparation.
- A Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university, and a minimum 5 years of experience, or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPA or Enrolled Agent Designation is a must.
- Strong tax preparation experience.
- Proficiency in Lackner; Lacerte; Number Cruncher; Tiger Tables and FDS security pricing or similar trust accounting and tax systems.
- Proficiency in the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated ability to interact with High Net Worth clients; team player; ability to manage fast-paced, high volume workload.
If you would like to learn more about the Estate Accountant position available in Philadelphia, then please submit your resume, in Word format, by clicking the Apply Now button.