Excellent opportunity for an experienced Estate Accountant in the Philadelphia office of a top global law firm. The Estate Accountant will be responsible for performing a variety of fiduciary accounting tasks, including estate and tax planning projections and estate and trust administration. In this role, the Estate Accountant will be responsible for:
- The preparation and review of all types of fiduciary income tax returns, including federal estate tax returns, income tax returns for trusts and estates, Generation-Skipping Transfer tax forms, PA inheritance tax returns, gift tax returns, Form 990s, and tax returns for charitable trusts.
- Assisting in the response of IRS audits including the written draft response and coordination of exhibits.
- Maintaining group task management database to accurately track deadlines of tax returns, annuity payments, Form 709s and ETIPs.
- Providing support to lawyers as part of client team, which includes running calculations for interest on notes, tax projections and estate plans; analytical analysis, tax projections, and estate planning flow charts.
- Working closely with clients regarding accounting and tax issues pertaining to individuals, partnerships and corporations.
- Researching relevant tax laws related to tax preparation.
- A Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university, and a minimum 5 years of experience, or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPA or Enrolled Agent Designation is a must.
- Strong tax preparation experience.
- Proficiency in Lackner; Lacerte; Number Cruncher; Tiger Tables and FDS security pricing or similar trust accounting and tax systems.
- Proficiency in the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated ability to interact with High Net Worth clients; team player; ability to manage fast-paced, high volume workload.
If you would like to learn more about the Estate Accountant position available in Philadelphia, then please submit your resume, in Word format, to firstname.lastname@example.org.