Trustpoint One is proud to partner with a well-known firm in its search for a Paralegal with 3-5 years’ trust and estates and tax experience to support the firm’s Private Client team in the Chicago office.
Paralegal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist attorneys in representing clients in estate planning and probate matters.
- Assist in the collection, distribution, reporting, and transfer of estate assets.
- Prepare inventories and asset schedules from client information.
- Prepare financial accounts for estates and trusts, and annual accounts for ongoing trust
- Public records research and document preparation.
- Draft and e-file various probate pleadings and accounting documents, using excellent written communications English and ensuring that resultant documents are error-free and client- or filing-ready.
- Prioritize work and monitor deadlines for the group, ensuring that attorneys are aware of upcoming deadlines.
- Communicate with attorneys and other team members about the status of estates and other assignments; keeps attorneys informed of the pendency of matters as well as of the status of assigned matters.
- Utilize and demonstrate proficiency with specialized estate planning/reporting software.
- Enter, review, and correct time charges timely.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Paralegal Certificate.
- 3-5 years’ paralegal experience with trusts, estates and tax legal work.
- Knowledge of accounting practices and estate accounting/probate matters software;
experience with Estate Works or other probate/estate software is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of the preparation of fiduciary income tax, estate and gift taxation,
and estate tax returns.
- Demonstrated strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Ability to adapt to workplace stressors and competing priorities.
- Must maintain the confidentiality of client information.
- Must show strong attention to detail and ability to manage and monitor multiple projects and estates at once.
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills.
Interested and qualified Paralegals are encouraged to submit a resume, in Word format, for immediate consideration.