Trustpoint One is assisting a governmental agency in its search for a Financial Litigation Paralegal in Nashville, TN. The Paralegal will support attorneys in the Nashville, TN office with a variety of legal tasks. The position is temporary and all work will take place on site in the agency’s Nashville, TN office. Candidates that meet the requirements below and can travel are encourage to apply.
Financial Litigation Program Paralegal Job Responsibilities:
- Prepares a variety of substantive legal documents to include motions, foreclosures, garnishments, and other legal actions to effect necessary post- judgment action regarding debts owed to the U.S. government.
- Conducts interviews of debtors, employers, and agency officials to evaluate the effectiveness of pursuing legal action.
- Review and summarize financial situation debtors.
- Assist in preparing a variety of trial-related documents, e.g. discovery letters, exhibit lists, jury instructions, trial subpoenas.
- Assist attorneys with making determinations as to (1) debt compromise, write-off, and referral of claims back to the originating agency; (2) appropriate legal action to take to liquidate judgements; (3) determination of the debtor’s ability to pay; (4) whether to proceed for garnishment of a debtor’s salary or bank accounts; and/or (5) for attachment and levy on a debtor’s property.
- Monitor the progress of pending cases and initiating actions to ensure that legal pleadings, forms, reports, correspondence, and other documents are prepared and submitted with established deadlines.
- Perform data searches and customizing reports of data.
- Process debt collection claims referred from client agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Familiarity with electronic court filing records, and databases, to include the federal ECF/Pacer system.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Superior time-management skills. Candidates should be able to meet established deadlines and manage a high volume of cases.
If you would like to learn more about the Financial Litigation Paralegal position in Nashville, TN please submit your resume in Word format.