General Counsel – Detroit
Trustpoint is recruiting a General Counsel for an international automotive supplier. This direct hire role, in the Detroit area.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for the Company’s legal and corporate secretarial functions, managing the legal department, and acting as the principal legal officer and adviser to the company’s executive leadership team.
- Day-to-day responsibilities will include handling business and financial transactions, labor and employment matters, complex litigation, intellectual property, corporate governance and compliance, in addition to serving as counselor to the rest of the leadership team.
- This requires a business-oriented executive with a proven track record of balancing business goals with legal risk in providing nuanced advice and guidance to the executives of a highly entrepreneurial and rapidly expanding business.
- Superior analytical skills and judgment, and a collegial approach to problem-solving, are critical to their success.
- Excellent academic credentials, including a JD from a respected US law school.
- Must be admitted, and in good standing, to at least one US State Bar, preferably Michigan.
- Broad-based corporate and transactional generalist with 15+ years’ experience gained through a variety of roles of increasing visibility and responsibility, including having served most recently in a general counsel or deputy general counsel role.
- Experience presenting to the executive leadership and/or the Board of Directors.
- Familiarity with Compliance, Confidentiality, Risk and HR related standards, procedures & regulations.
- Demonstrated organization, facilitation, negotiation and communication and presentation skills.
- Administrative and managerial skills (i.e. successful management, direction and leadership of others).
- Outstanding project management skills and ability to perform effectively under strict time constraints.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and demonstration of high degree of sophisticated judgment.
- Strong business instincts and acumen, as well as interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communications skills.
- Must be willing and available to work such weekends and holidays as necessary and desirable to meet business needs.
- Must be willing and available to travel to such locations and with such frequency as is necessary and desirable to meet business needs.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- The position will be on-site daily until GC has a good foothold on the position, and then be hybrid.
For immediate consideration please submit resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Trustpoint.One provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.