Trustpoint’s corporate client is looking to hire a Paralegal with a human resources related background in their Richmond, Virginia office. The assignment is a 6 month contract role through Trustpoint and the hourly pay rate will be $26.00 per hour.
The Paralegal will be responsible for applying and interpreting complex legislative and regulatory guidelines used to assess employment eligibility. The Paralegal will own cases from start to finish including performing individualized assessments to make a determination on employment eligibility in accordance with procedures and applicable laws and regulations, follow up with associates and/or candidates, document case notes using the case management system, demonstrate exceptional judgment, and collaborate with partner groups including Recruiting and Legal.
- Perform full reviews of criminal background screening documents
- Ensure a well- managed environment by maintaining work instructions, documenting processes, and identifying efficiencies
- Ensure operations comply with applicable laws and regulations
- Capture full and accurate case notes and supporting documentation in a timely manner; add confidential case data and supporting documentation to case management system
- Conduct follow up calls and/or emails and interact with candidate and new hires
- Manage confidential case data and other privileged information
- Provide accurate, complete and timely responses to associates
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or Criminal Justice
- Paralegal Certification or Degree
- 1 year of experience in Legal/Law firm
- 2 years of experience in General Human Resources