Trustpoint One is pleased to partner with a leading international law firm in its search for an Immigration Paralegal with business immigration experience for a temporary position in Dallas, Texas. The position will report to the Regional Paralegal Manager and be responsible for supporting the attorneys in the Immigration Group.
Immigration Paralegal Job Duties
- Work directly with attorneys and Regional Paralegal Manager to manage caseload from intake through processing and filing.
- Prepare and file nonimmigrant and immigrant visa petitions and applications for permanent residency and secondary benefits for foreign nationals.
- Organize and prepare petition packets for review and filing.
- Communicate with employees and human resources professionals to gather needed information and documents required for the preparation of petitions and applications.
- Ensure that clients are kept apprised of the progress of their cases.
- Enter and maintain data in immigration case management system.
- Maintain hard copy files and documents as required to support all immigration activity on behalf of clients.
- Assist in responding to immigration inquiries in a timely manner.
- Enter time into Carpe Diem and adhere to submission deadlines.
- Apply basic understanding of legal and ethical principles that guide paralegal conduct, including, but not limited to: the unauthorized practice of law; confidentiality and attorney-client privilege; conflicts of interest.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- 2 to 5 years of immigration experience including both immigrant and non-immigrant visa petitions is required.
- Solid written and verbal communication including client service skills.
- Attention to detail and organizations skills.
- A self-starter and ability to work within a team is a must.
- Software skills including MS-Office (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel), WorkSite, Adobe Reader, Legal MacPac, LawLogix and other Immigration database tools; CarpeDiem
Interested and qualified Paralegals are encouraged to submit a resume, in Word format, for immediate consideration.