Immigration Staff Attorney
Are you looking for cases that make a difference? Trustpoint One is seeking Bilingual (Spanish/English) Immigration Staff Attorneys for several open opportunities. The Immigration Staff Attorneys will work on a variety of immigration matters, primarily concerning immigrant children that have been detained or recently released.
The position is based in Harlingen, Texas. Although the case work is currently being conducted remotely in accordance with local regulations, applicants must be able to be able to relocate to Harlingen, TX once local regulations allow on-site work to resume. Relocation assistance and additional benefits are available. Interested candidates should meet the following criteria:
Immigration Staff Attorney Responsibilities:
- Provide direct representation to detained or recently released immigrant children as required or permitted by current funding contract(s);
- Review legal screenings conducted by shelter services departments. Review and assign follow-up services, including additional interviewing, referrals to other legal services providers and child advocates, or in- house representation;
- Court appearances in immigration court to represent children in removal proceedings;
- Assist with the training and retention of pro-bono attorneys and other legal volunteers;
- Monitor case activities.
- Juris Doctor;
- Licensed and in good standing in any U.S. jurisdiction. (Texas licensure is a plus;)
- Bilingual, Spanish speaking;
- At least one full year of Immigration law experience is required;
- Prior work experience with children is a plus, particularly from Central America and including Mayan language-speaking population;
To be considered for the Immigration Staff Attorney positions in Harlingen, TX, please submit your resume in Word format.