Trustpoint.One has been exclusively retained by Hemophilia of Georgia to conduct a search for an attorney to fill the role of In-House Counsel. Hemophilia of Georgia (HoG) is an internationally recognized nonprofit organization and a premier provider of programs and support services for people with hemophilia, von Willebrand Disease, and other related disorders.
The compensation range for this position ranges upward from the mid-100s, plus bonus. The company offers no-cost single coverage health insurance, 11 paid holidays (plus 5 additional paid days), and up to 22 PTO days annually.
This is an onsite position.
The attorney in this position will:
- Oversee all legal operations and drive legal strategy.
- Manage outside counsel.
- Ensure regulatory compliance with state and federal licensing agencies.
- Educate and provide counsel to Executive Leadership Team on compliance, risk management, legal issues, and corporate governance.
- Convey complex legal principles clearly and concisely.
- Interpret laws, rulings, and regulations and determine how they apply to Hemophilia of Georgia.
- Provide alternative solutions to minimize liability exposure while achieving business goals.
- Ensure internal policies, procedures and program performance are consistent with current state, federal, and industry regulations.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- JD from a US accredited law school.
- Be an active member and licensed to practice in at least one US state.
- 5 years of experience practicing as an in-house attorney or within a law firm as outside counsel to firm clients.
- Experience working with non-profit medical providers helpful.
- Experience with Medicare regulatory issues desired.
- Proven experience providing timely legal advice in a highly regulated environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated original thinking and able to generate creative solutions; identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Unassailable integrity and ethics.
- Able to manage legal issues cross-functionally and work effectively with strong-minded colleagues.
For additional information or to be considered a candidate for this position, please forward resume and cover letter in confidence to email@example.com