Highly regarded legal services company located in north Atlanta has an immediate need for an In-House Employment Counsel.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of three years experience as in-house counsel or within a law firm acting as outside counsel, preferably on employment law or related matters.
Primary Duties Include:
- Advise the business teams on a wide range of employment related issues, including state specific legal requirements across the country
- Drafting and implementing employment policies and standard documentation
- Proactive planning, advising and implementing legal and compliance programs
- Manage and resolve employment disputes
- Manage outside counsel
- Support employment law training
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage outside counsel
- Experience with ADA, ADEA, FMLA and other related employment law matters
- In-depth knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations
- Strong leadership personality and people skills
- Ability to work across all departments
- Possess strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Enthusiasm and a collaborative approach
- JD from a US accredited law school
- Licensed to practice in at least one US state
- 3+ years of experience gained in a medium to large law firm and/or in-house
- Legal Services background helpful but not required.
For immediate consideration please submit resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org