Trustpoint One is pleased to collaborate with a nationally recognized litigation law firm in the Galleria area in its search for an Insurance Defense Paralegal. The ideal Paralegal will have excellent research and writing skills, as well as the ability to exercise sound judgment, think creatively, and work independently.
Insurance Defense Paralegal Responsibilities:
- Obtain, review and analyze documents, including medical records and financial records, tax and employment records, or any other relevant information.
- Provide a medical record chronology.
- Prepare for trial by preparing trial notebooks, exhibits, and witness files.
- Compile evidence and supporting information by searching records, discovery documents, transcripts, libraries, and databases.
- Manage files and documents.
- Coordinate with support services and clients, opposing law firms, and courts.
- Calendar and track all discovery and various other deadlines.
- Generate status reports, logs, and indexes.
- Correspond with clients and opposing law firms.
- Research and analysis of case issues, including medical research of facts, medical articles, and expert articles.
- Communication of issues with experts and investigation and analysis of expert qualifications and experience, including prior transcripts, testimony and articles.
- 5+ years' experience commercial defense litigation, Texas preferred.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university and/or Paralegal Certificate from an ABA-approved program.
- Spanish proficiency (reading, writing, and speaking) preferred.
- Above average proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat.
- Strong analytical skills, as well as advanced oral and written communication skills are necessary.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with an ability to work in a high volume office and team environment are essential.
If you meet the requisite qualifications, please submit your resume in Word format.