Trustpoint.One has joined forces with the Boston office of a top national law firm in their direct hire search for an Intellectual Property Annuities Specialist to support the firm’s patent prosecution practice. Ideal candidates will have 3+ years of IP annuity and/or IP docketing experience, preferably in a high-volume law firm environment. This role will interface daily with the firm’s annuity service provider, attorneys and departments, clients, and foreign agents; and will be responsible for timely instruction and payment processing of client annuities. This role requires comfort and familiarity with annuities and docketing processes, as well as excellent attention to detail and asset management. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Send client notifications/reminders re: annuity deadlines on an advanced monthly schedule.
- Communicate with foreign agents regarding annuities when applicable.
- Instruct payment of foreign patent annuities and U.S. maintenance fees in online payment software and maintain updated contact information/case statuses.
- Interface with annuity service provider daily to answer questions and ensure accurate information.
- Track and enter standard attorney fees for annuity payment service and submit annuity service provider invoices for fee payments.
- Identify and prompt attorneys for disengagement of “inactive” clients.
- Ensure annuities are properly set up or completed for file intakes/outgoing transfers.
- Interface with firm attorneys, paralegals, assistants, and Foreign Filing regarding appropriate language to be used in foreign correspondence to ensure annuities and accumulated fees are appropriately handled, including those due close to filing/grant.
- Verify patent expiration dates in concert with Docketing department.
- Manage complex portfolios involving monitoring/licensing situations with respect to annuity payments.
- Docket and de-docket annuity-related deadlines in CPI.
- Ideal candidate has 3+ years of IP annuity and/or IP docketing experience, preferably in a high-volume law firm environment. Full-service IP paralegal support experience may also be accepted.
- Superb attention to detail and communication skills.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills, the confidence and knowledge to synthesize information and work independently, the ability to stay calm under pressure, and should be team-oriented.
- Experience with CPI and AMS a plus, as is experience with administrative rights in an IP docketing database.
If you would like to learn more about the Intellectual Property Annuities Specialist position available in Boston, then please submit your resume, in Word format, by clicking the Apply Now button.