Great opportunity for an experienced Intellectual Property Legal Secretary to join Patent Prosecution/Trademark practice areas of a leading law firm in their Dayton, OH office on a direct hire basis. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Proficient in computer applications and other office equipment.
- Drafting correspondence, memoranda, and other legal documents to be reviewed by attorney/paralegal.
- Answering telephone calls, taking messages or sending callers to voicemail system if preferred.
- Reading, sorting, and date stamping incoming mail.
- Ensuring that outgoing mail is timely delivered. If necessary, routing mail to specific delivery service and following up on timely delivery.
- Establishing and maintaining calendar, contact lists, and deadline reminder systems.
- Requesting new files through Business Intake and requesting and following up on conflict of interest checks with Records Department.
- Maintaining attorney and general office files.
- Reviewing and preparing files to be closed when matters are complete.
- Greeting clients and visitors; maintaining good customer service with external and internal clients; observing confidentiality of attorney-client relationship.
- Making appointments and travel arrangements for attorney(s)/paralegal(s).
- Entering attorney and paralegal time into the timekeeping system.
- Working with Billing Department and billing attorney to review and revise billing Proformas. Assisting in finalizing bills for client mailing.
- Working closely with administrative support staff (word processing, receptionists, Business Intake, Office Services, accounting and billing, etc.).
- Performing other tasks and responsibilities as requested.
- Proficient with intellectual property software and terminology.
- Working knowledge of internet use for research purposes.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Administrative or legal secretarial experience.
- Excellent proofreading skills and accuracy. Perform minor editing (e.g. punctuation, grammar, spelling) of routine law office correspondence and legal case matters. Ability to apply grammar, spelling, and punctuation skills.
- Verify calculations on forms and documents.
- Good understanding of law office policies and procedures.
- Excellent organization skills and able to prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time restraints.
- Possesses interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate and follow instructions effectively from a diverse group of clients, attorneys, and staff and is a team player.
- Excellent computer skills and experience with Windows 7/Microsoft 2010 Suite.
- Type a minimum of 75 wpm.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure.
- Flexible and adjusts work schedule, if required.
- Regular attendance and punctuality are essential functions of this job.
- Excellent customer service skills and telephone etiquette are mandatory.
- Some college course work preferred but not required
- Notary Public is a plus.
If you would like to learn more about the Intellectual Property Coordinator position available in Dayton, OH, then please submit your resume, in Word format, by clicking the Apply Now button.