Trustpoint.one is proud to partner with a nationally respected firm in their search of an Intellectual Property Docketing Specialist. This position is a hybrid, direct hire role. Successful applicants will have at least 3+ years of relevant experience and advanced knowledge of docketing software. The position is open to candidates in Minneapolis, MN.
- Coordinate IP docketing for U.S. and international IP portfolios with a focus on all matters related to trademarks, patents, and domain names.
- Prepare and distribute docket reports as requested by attorneys and legal teams
- Audit docket database, including filing due dates and reminders.
- Assist with intake and auditing of all Intellectual Property transferred files.
- Coordinate client communications and the integrity of electronic case records.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, developments, and legislative rulings affecting all IP procedures and regulations.
- Communicate with USPTO or relevant trademark jurisdiction to confirm deadlines.
- Identify opportunities for improvement of the Docket Department's policies or procedures.
- Some education beyond high school required; Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred.
- 3+ years of applicable experience
- Advanced knowledge of docketing software (e.g., Pattsy, CPI, Foundation IP, Anaqua).
- Knowledge of federal, state and local intellectual property laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of U.S. Patent terminology, prosecution procedures, and deadlines for both US and foreign intellectual property matters.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to work independently and under own direction and initiative.
Qualified Intellectual Property Docketing Specialist candidates are encouraged to submit a resume for immediate consideration.
Trustpoint.one provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.