Great opportunity for an Attorney, a JD, or a Paralegal to join an educational services company on a consulting basis to assist with and support work related to the company’s Intellectual Property (“IP”) program, specifically including IP enforcement support and copyright registration support. This position will report to the Counsel managing Intellectual Property work, but the person in this role will be working virtually. Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Drafting Cease & Desist letters to entities known or suspected to have infringed upon the company’s IP rights and executing DMCA takedown procedures against the same.
- Prepare and submit the company’s copyrighted works to the US Copyright Office for registration and manage records related to Copyright registration submissions and certificates, including in preparation for litigation.
- Communicate effectively with staff in all areas of the company, outside counsel and other third parties and their counsel.
- Anticipate legal needs and proactively recommend solutions for meeting these needs.
- Some previous legal experience, particularly involving intellectual property, is preferred but not required
- Experience with Word, Excel, filing systems, and databases required
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and proactive
- Strong analytical, drafting, and negotiation skills, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills and judgment
- Flexible and able to think creatively to find practical solutions to complex issues
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple matters and projects, meeting deadlines and working effectively individually and as part of a team in a dynamic, fast-paced, challenging environment
- Sophisticated interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop strong internal relationships, influence others, and work as part of cross-functional teams and in partnership with team members at all levels of the organization
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding corporate information
If you would like to learn more about the Intellectual Property Legal Professional position available on a remote basis, then please submit your resume, in Word format, by clicking the Apply Now button.