Fabulous opportunity for an experienced Intellectual Property Litigation Paralegal to join a leading international law firm in their New York City office on a direct hire basis. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform daily case management tasks, including organizing and saving key case correspondence, pleadings, discovery, expert materials, and client documents;
- Assist attorney team with organization and maintenance of case documents, and routine monitoring of case dockets and patent activity;
- Assist with factual research in internal and external databases and coordinate with research services staff;
- Assist with deposition, hearing and trial preparation;
- Coordinate with internal resources and outside vendor services;
- Work overtime as required; and
- Handle additional projects as assigned.
- 5+ years of Commercial Litigation Paralegal experience required; Intellectual Property Litigation experience (preferred); Hatch-Waxman experience (preferred);
- ABA-approved Paralegal Certificate (preferred); Bachelor’s Degree (preferred);
- Fundamental proficiency and understanding of the lifecycle of a litigation and working knowledge of key documents related to a litigation including, but not limited to, case correspondence, pleadings, discovery, depositions, expert discovery, trial and appellate documents;
- Advanced proficiency in software including, but not limited to, MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel and Acrobat Adobe;
- Proficiency in software including, but not limited to, MS PowerPoint, LiveNote, Case Notebook, Relativity and FTP software;
- Proficiency in online research and internet search resources (Lexis Nexis/Westlaw);
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to manage competing deadlines and assignments;
- Fundamental knowledge of Firm and Intellectual Property Litigation practice-area-specific procedures and terminology;
- Fundamental to Advanced knowledge of relevant jurisdictional/court/agency processes and procedures, including knowledge of Federal court practices, local rules and deadlines; and
- Fundamental knowledge of timekeeping and expense reporting applications.
If you would like to learn more about the Intellectual Property Litigation Paralegal position available in NYC, then please submit your resume, in Word format, by clicking the Apply Now button.