Great opportunity for an experienced Intellectual Property Litigation Paralegal to join a leading law firm in their McLean, VA office on a direct hire basis. This person in this role will work with a team of IP litigation attorneys preparing to go to trial in 2020. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Researches, gathers, analyzes, and compiles information and documents to assist in advising in litigation matters and as part of the discovery process;
- Works with attorneys in the identification, interviewing, and preparation of witnesses and collection of documents;
- Conducts electronic searches and researches technical references, patents, copyrights, trademarks, and legal matters;
- Coordinates and manages large electronic discovery collections and productions;
- Provides general assistance to attorneys, and prepares summaries of factual findings, legal research, and/or sequential and chronological events for attorneys;
- Works with attorneys in the drafting of pleadings, motions, and discovery documents;
- Communicates with court personnel, personnel at state and federal agencies, and other agencies regarding proceedings;
- Maintains a thorough understanding of all aspects of the department's work and its context in the organization as a whole;
- Maintains an awareness of, and stays up to date with changes in law and procedures, specifically relating to the litigation practice area, intellectual property issues, and electronic discovery.
- Minimum of 7 years' experience providing intellectual property litigation support in a law firm environment.
- Familiarity with Pacer and prior trial preparation experience necessary.
- College degree or comparable paralegal experience is required; paralegal certificate preferred.
- Must be able to meet the Firm's billable hours requirement while maintaining excellent service and producing consistently high quality work product that meets or exceeds the Firm's quality standards.
- Excellent organizational skills; strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and coordinate projects; and the ability to use good judgment, initiative, and command of resources to accomplish results.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate and follow instructions effectively from a diverse group of clients, attorneys, and staff to provide information with courtesy and tact.
- Must be able to multitask and work independently, work well under pressure and be self-motivated.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite is a must.
If you would like to learn more about the Intellectual Property Litigation Paralegal position available in McLean, VA, then please submit your resume, in Word format, by clicking the Apply Now button.