Trustpoint.One has partnered with a well respected law firm based in Cincinnati, OH in their search for an experienced IP paralegal or legal assistant to join their team on a direct hire basis. The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 3-7+ years of IP experience required
- Understanding of intellectual property procedures
- Significant experience with Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrated and effective planning, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
Job Duties Include:
- Prepares, reviews, and electronically files patent documents (and preferably also trademark documents), prepare information disclosure statements, coordinates foreign filings, drafts letters, and monitors status of IP portfolios.
- Assists attorney by reading, researching, reviewing, verifying, and routing correspondence, reports and legal documents; drafts letters and documents; works closely with docketing group; monitors docket reports and deadlines; assists with docketing functions as needed; prepares status reports for internal and client use; and performs due diligence activities
- Provides support for litigation activities, including scheduling of couriers, court reporters, expert witnesses, and other special functions; and coordinating preparation of briefs, exhibits, charts, graphs, and other courtroom visuals
- Prepares expense reports and tracking payments.
- Maintains attorney calendar by planning and scheduling conferences, teleconferences, dispositions, and travel; recording and monitoring court appearance dates, pleadings, and filing requirements; monitoring evidence-gathering; anticipating changes in litigation or transaction preparation requirements.
- Represents attorney by communicating and obtaining information; following-up on delegated assignments; knowing when to act and when to refer matters to attorney.
- Recording billable time for certain activities.
- Effective and regular maintenance and use of electronic and paper filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions; maintaining transcripts; documenting and maintaining evidence.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments; working cooperatively with other assistants.
- Strong attention to detail is a must.
- Participate in regular training activities as provided by the firm.
- Work closely with the Firm’s Accounting Department to assist with billing activities.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, set reasonable priorities and manage time and deadline driven workload.
Interested and qualified candidates are should submit a resume, in Word Format, for immediate consideration.