Great opportunity for an experienced ITC Litigation Paralegal to join a leading law firm in their Washington DC office on a direct hire basis at one of three possible levels of responsibility depending on experience. This person in this role will focus on International Trade Commission (“ITC”) investigations and related matters while delegating assignments, managing resources and monitoring performance to ensure deliverables and deadlines are met. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the life cycle of assigned cases, including maintaining correspondence and pleadings, master file index, and/or litigation directory and index and image as appropriate.
- Organize, review, and maintain documents and case files, as well as compile documents for filing at courts and agencies, including the International Trade Commission (“ITC”).
- Manage document collections and ensure appropriate handling of electronic discovery materials and compliance with legal discovery obligations.
- Assist with document productions, including document production at the client’s office, coordinate attorney review for relevant and privileged documents and coordinate efforts with appropriate vendors.
- Maintain deposition files and deposition databases, including the creation of deposition exhibit lists, and assist in the preparation of witnesses for depositions.
- Serve as point person between case teams and attorneys; appropriately delegate work to junior legal assistants on the case teams and coordinate their activities to accomplish deposition and witness interview preparation goals.
- Assist with court filings and docket court dates, if appropriate.
- Coordinate trial preparation; attend trial and provide support to attorneys at court and agency hearings.
- Bachelor’s degree is required and a paralegal certificate is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of extensive ITC litigation experience is required, including experience with ITC filings, proceedings, procedures, rules and guideline processes of the International Trade Commission (“ITC”).
- Previous trial experience is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs and case/matter management and/or other database tools and technologies used to manage data and information is required.
- Willingness to work overtime and/or travel, if necessary.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet frequent deadlines and work independently.
If you would like to learn more about the ITC Litigation Paralegal position available in Washington, DC, then please submit your resume, in Word format, by clicking the Apply Now button.