Trustpoint.One is assisting a government agency in its search for several experienced Law Clerks. These long-term contract roles (at least 1+ years) will start as early as June 1, 2021 and will be based in Washington, DC. This is an exciting opportunity to support a busy Litigation team with duties that include:
- Assist in preparing draft legal documents, such as motions, briefs, memoranda of law, etc. reviewing documents for relevance and privilege; and assisting attorneys with all phases of litigation.
- Perform complex legal research for the trial staff.
- Reviewing documents in various litigation matters for responsiveness and privilege.
- Utilizing Relativity to conduct document review including; checking out batches, applying various levels of coding, and advanced searching.
Interested candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Law degree, or currently attending an ABA-accredited law school, having completed at least one year of study.
- Requires a sound working knowledge of federal and state court systems, legal research procedures, and legal research resources.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw.
- Must have hands-on experience with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, and imaging.
- Must have hands-on experience with ESI tools and knowledge of eDiscovery procedures and resources.
- Must have the ability to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (active clearance is preferred)
Qualified candidates should apply by submitting their resume below.