Trustpoint.One is assisting a government agency in its search for several experienced Law Clerks. These long-term contract roles (at least 1+ years) are full time positions that will start as early as June 1, 2021 and will be based in Denver, CO. This is a full time, in person opportunity so candidates must be local to Denver. Remote work not available.
Responsibilities will cover a variety of litigation support tasks. Litigation support activities can include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Researching, drafting, and directing the preparation of correspondence, complaints, pleadings, briefs, and legal filings, as assigned and under the instruction of an attorney.
- Performs first-level review of documents and identifies any of legal significance
- Performs detailed indexing of case files; drafting procedures for accomplishing litigation support assignments; document acquisition related tasks; and screening for privilege documents
- Proofreads and edits written documents
- Receives and track discovery items
- Utilizes electronic and evidence management and discovery production processes and tools, such as Relativity, Casemap and Sanction, to support investigations
- Conducts legal research and analysis
- Briefs attorneys regarding legal issues and theories and draft statement of facts
Interested candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Law degree, or currently attending an ABA-accredited law school, having completed at least one year of study.
- Requires a sound working knowledge of federal and state court systems, legal research procedures, and legal research resources.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw.
- Must have hands-on experience with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, and imaging.
- Must have hands-on experience with ESI tools and knowledge of eDiscovery procedures and resources.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and have the ability to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (active clearance is preferred)
This is a time sensitive project and all resume submissions are due by 11 p.m. EST on 4/26.