Trustpoint.One is assisting a government agency in its search for several Law Clerks. These long-term contract roles (at least 1+ years) are full time positions that will start as early as June 1, 2021 and will be based in Washington, DC. These positions will begin remotely and will gradually transition to in person work as COVID-19 restrictions lift, so candidates must be local to Washington DC.
Responsibilities will cover a variety of tasks that include, but are not limited to, the following broad categories:
- Review and analyze claims to identify required documentation and ensure that all requirements are met
- Manage the relationships with third-party entities (including other federal, state, and local government agencies) that provide information in support of claims.
- Review eligibility determinations
- Cross-check data provided with information supplied in government databases
- Confirms that award determinations are consistent with agency policies and statutory and regulatory requirements and are entered correctly into the Claims Management System
Interested candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Law degree, or currently attending an ABA-accredited law school, having completed at least one year of study.
- Requires sound working knowledge of federal and state court systems, legal research procedures, and legal research resources.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills and thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw.
- Must have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, and imaging.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and have the ability to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (active clearance is helpful)
Law Clerk I, II, and III positions available.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume, in Word format, as soon as possible!