Trustpoint.One is assisting a government agency in its search for an experienced Law Clerk. These long-term contract roles (at least 1+ years) will start as early as June 1, 2021 and will be based in Washington, DC. This is an exciting opportunity to support a busy Litigation team with duties that include:
- Work under the direction of a Project Manager performing complex legal research (utilizing Lexis and Westlaw)
- Prepare draft legal documents, such as motions, briefs, memoranda of law, etc.
- Review documents for relevance and privilege; and assisting attorneys with all phases of litigation.
- Act independently and/or as a team leader on larger projects.
- Act as primary interface with trial attorneys, experts, and other client staff.
- Familiar with eDiscovery processes and resources used to conduct legal work in a high volume legal environment.
- 2+ years’ of progressive experience – with litigation support projects
- Fluency in Mandarin is REQUIRED
- Must possess a law degree
- Knowledge of Federal and State court systems – including all policies and procedures
- Familiarity with a variety of ESI tools and additional eDiscovery knowledge
- Strong experience with Lexis and Westlaw research tools
- Must have the ability to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (active clearance is preferred)
Interested and qualified Law Clerks are encouraged to submit a resume, in Word format, for immediate consideration