Trustpoint One is seeking a legal assistant for a long-term temporary position in St. Augustine, Florida. The Legal Assistant will support the Regional Counsel with various complex administrative duties.
Legal Assistant Job Responsibilities
Prepares and files complex motions, orders, subpoenas for both depositions and trials;
- Maintains docket and attorneys’ calendars including schedules of meetings, appointments, legal hearings, trials and sentencings;
- Establishes and maintains a comprehensive file system; handles calls regarding cases and court hearings in attorney's absence;
- Maintains records of all directives issued by the Court and assures compliance with same;
- Prepares general legal forms and pleadings independently; maintains confidential, case, follow-up and other essential legal records and files;
- Gathers and submits caseload data to ensure timely and accurate reporting;
- Arranges travel itinerary and hotel accommodations; assists attorneys with monthly travel reports;
- Reviews incoming mail and independently composes reply when attorney's personal attention is not required.
- Associates Degree; Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Minimum 1 year experience in criminal defense and family law;
- Types with speed and accuracy;
- Strategic thinker who is organized and a quick learner;
- Efficient, timely in meeting deadlines.
Interested and qualified Legal Assistants are encouraged to submit a resume for immediate consideration.