Trustpoint One is seeking a legal assistant for a long term temporary position in St. Augustine. The position has the possibility of become permanent.
Legal Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Prepares and files complex motions, orders, subpoenas for both depositions and trials;
- Maintains docket and attorneys’ calendars including schedules of meetings, appointments, legal hearings, trials and sentencings;
- Establishes and maintains a comprehensive file system; handles calls regarding cases and court hearings in attorney's absence;
- Maintains records of all directives issued by the Court and assures compliance with same;
- Prepares general legal forms and pleadings independently; maintains confidential, case, follow-up and other essential legal records and files;
- Gathers and submits caseload data to ensure timely and accurate reporting;
- Arranges travel itinerary and hotel accommodations; assists attorneys with monthly travel reports;
- Reads incoming mail and independently composes reply when attorney's personal attention is not required.
- Associates Degree; Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Minimum 1 year experience in criminal defense and family law;
- Types with speed and accuracy;
- Strategic thinker who is organized and a quick learner;
- Efficient, timely in meeting deadlines.
If you’d like to learn more about the Legal Assistant position in St. Augustine, please submit
your resume in Word format.