Great opportunity for an experienced legal assistant to join the Fort Lauderdale office of a respected national law firm on a temporary basis with the potential to convert to a direct hire position to provide support to three attorneys. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform general clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, labeling, filing and maintaining records.
- Coordinate ongoing projects and monitor and provide reports regarding cases, matters, hearings, trials, and/or meetings.
- Provide support to attorneys, including organizing, reviewing, summarizing, and drafting documents. Schedule and pull cases for depositions and/or hearings.
- Interact with client contacts for various information and documents pertaining to cases.
- Perform daily case management tasks, including organizing and saving key case correspondence, pleadings, discovery, expert materials, and client documents.
- Perform basic research of court rules, cases, companies or individuals.
- Interact with external entities, such as government agencies, corporations, and other law firms to gather information and data.
- Promote effective and best work practices and work as a team member.
- Other responsibilities and ad hoc projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and preferably 2-4 years of related experience working in a law firm.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in computer systems, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with partners, associates, staff and clients, as well as outside vendors, opposing counsel and other parties.
- Show great attention to detail; ability to work independently and as part of a team; and superb organizational skills.
- Professional and courteous demeanor.
If you would like to learn more about the Legal Assistant position available in Fort Lauderdale, FL, then please submit your resume, in Word format, by clicking the Apply Now button.