Legal Billing & Collections Specialist in NYC (ON-SITE)
Trustpoint.One is proud to partner with a prestigious midtown law firm in their search of a Billing & Collections Specialist. This on-site, direct hire opportunity will be located at the firm's midtown Manhattan office in a highly congenial environment.
Successful candidates will have at least 5 years of law firm billing and/or collection experience.
- Prepare and distribute draft bills
- Edit draft bills and final bills
- Respond to attorneys and staff inquires both oral and written to discuss billing statements, status of payments, accounts receivable and requests of copies of bills
- Prepare spreadsheets on the ledger history, outstanding WIP and AR as requested
- Review open accounts for collection efforts
- Interact with billing attorneys/secretaries on outstanding amounts
- Resolve client-billing problems
- Make collection calls as needed in a professional manner while maintaining good client relations.
- Provide timely follow-up on payment arrangements.
- Correspond with clients to encourage payment of delinquent accounts.
- Maintain records of collection efforts/status by attorney
- Communicate with billing attorneys to project/forecast revenues
- Special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5 years of law firm billing and/or collection experiences
- Strong written and oral communication skills, problem solving and analytical skills required
- Knowledge of Elite 3E software (preferred)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel & Word
- Must have attention to detail with an eye for accuracy
- Creative, self-disciplined and capable of completing tasks independently
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and track extensive detail
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with personnel
- Willingness to work with and assist other staff members in accomplishing work assignments
- Must be able to handle confidential information sensitively and discreetly
Qualified individuals interested in the Legal Billing & Collections Specialist opening should submit a resume for immediate consideration.
If you would like to learn more about the Legal Billing & Collections Specialist position available in NYC. Please submit your resume, in Word format, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trustpoint.One provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.