Trustpoint.one is pleased to be supporting a leading, global law firm in their search for a Legal Billing Specialist to join either their Northern Virginia or DC offices. The legal billing specialist will assist the client account team with client billing and will be responsible for duties that include:
- All billing aspects for designated billing attorneys: distribution, logging, preparation, processing, and mailing of client billing.
- Providing prompt and accurate assistance to attorneys, clients and staff in resolving complex billing problems by providing billing analysis/adjustments.
- Researching all inquiries regarding past and present billing.
- Providing guidance and training to new billing attorneys as necessary.
- Filing and preparing past month's billing for electronic scanning.
- Reviewing and summarizing engagement letters pertaining to special financial agreements.
- Implementing and maintaining special fee and cost rate structures.
- Implementing and maintaining client and matter database.
- All other duties as assigned or required.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills are necessary with an emphasis in Excel.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year of prior experience with the principles of billing, accounts receivables, accounts payables, internal costs, collections, billing rates and client maintenance procedures
- Associate or Bachelor degree strongly preferred.
- Prior law firm experience helpful.
- Previous 3E and electronic billing experience preferred.
- Must be able to successfully maintain and promote attorney and client relations.
- Excellent organizational, communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Must possess excellent follow-up skills.
- Ability to interact and work well with vendors and co-workers.
Our client is eager to hire and offers a highly congenial work atmosphere.
Interested and qualified Legal Billing Specialists are encouraged to submit a resume, in Word format, for immediate consideration to email@example.com.