The following description is an informational, non-exhaustive list of the duties performed by the employee in this position. These specifications may not reflect all job requirements or duties performed in the position. Qualities such as attitude, work ethic, commitment to the company's business goals and a team-player mentality are essential requirements for the role. The ability to multi-task, work well under pressure, and thrive in a fast-paced environment is critical.
A Legal Recruiter is responsible for staffing document review projects with contract attorneys for law firms based on specific requirements provided by the sales department. The Legal Recruiter reports to the Director of Legal Recruiting who is under the direction of the President of Managed Review. The Legal Recruiter identifies and sources candidates by executing the department's recruiting strategy. This involves posting job opportunities, interviewing and evaluating prospective candidates for required skill sets, and presenting screened candidates to law firms for approval. The Legal Recruiter also builds and nurtures relationships with candidates and provides excellent customer service to the client. They may be required to work non-standard hours as the timely selection of contract attorney teams is pivotal to meeting client needs. This position is full-time, non-exempt and located in our Washington D.C. office (candidates must reside in the DMV area). The position is compensated with a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Develops relationships with contract attorney candidates to ensure an ample candidate pool is available to fill job orders generated by the sales team.
- Posts job opportunities to attract and source candidates.
- Searches for qualified candidates using in-house database and other resources.
- Screens resumes and conducts interviews as needed.
- Validates attorney licensure information and conducts background check verification.
- Documents contract assignments in recruiting management systems using information provided by sales team.
- Documents other activities concerning candidates in recruiting management system and reports as necessary to relevant parties (i.e.-Director of Recruiting, Payroll, Human Resources, etc.).
- Serves as first point of contact for contract attorneys providing assistance with operational issues including payroll and company policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the President of Managed Review or Director of Legal Recruiting or as required by the department.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor's degree (JD preferred) in a relevant field; or Associate's degree and one-to-two years of recruiting experience for staffing agency.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and operate independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to plan or problem-solve in order to accomplish goals.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact professionally with all levels of personnel and clientele face-to-face, on the telephone, or through written communications.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to build and nurture relationships with candidates.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to work on a team.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Legal Recruiter Position."