Great opportunity for an experienced legal secretary to join a leading law firm in their Huntington, WV office on a direct hire basis. The person in this role will assist attorneys handling medical malpractice defense litigation preparing legal papers and correspondence, such as summonses, complaints, motions, and subpoenas; using legal terminology and procedures; and assisting with case research. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Preparing and processing legal documents and papers, such as summonses, subpoenas, complaints, appeals, motions, and pretrial agreements.
- Mailing or faxing legal correspondence to clients, witnesses, and court officials.
- Handling phone calls.
- Organizing and maintaining documents, and case files.
- Scheduling and making appointments.
- Making photocopies of correspondence, documents, and other printed matter.
- Assisting attorneys and paralegal staff in collecting information, such as employment, medical, and other case records.
- Preparing and distributing invoices to bill clients or pay account expenses.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of related experience, preferably with some knowledge of medical terminology
- Must be computer savvy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- The successful candidate will have the following skills: active listening, critical thinking, time management, coordination, judgment and decision-making, monitoring, organization skills, attention to detail
If you would like to learn more about the Legal Secretary position available in Huntington, WV, then please submit your resume, in Word format, by clicking the Apply Now button.