Great opportunity for a Litigation Paralegal to join a top AMLaw 100 firm in their West Palm Beach, Miami or Ft. Lauderdale offices on a direct hire basis. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
The ideal candidate will have at least seven (7) years of experience as a Litigation Paralegal with a Bachelor's degree or Paralegal Certification is preferred; however, equivalent experience will be considered. Federal Court trial experience is required. IP experience is a plus, but not required.
- Managing all aspects of patent and trademark litigation, including organizing and managing litigation documents including discovery, motions, pre-trial documents and exhibits;
- Preparing basic pleadings;
- Managing large discovery productions;
- Reviewing local court rules applicable to deadlines and filing procedures;
- Calendaring and monitoring deadlines;
- Filing documents electronically using CM/ECF;
- Organizing and creating searches in e-discovery databases including Relativity;
- Preparing for and assisting with trial in various venues in the Federal court system
The candidate should also have experience in managing out-of-town trials and have flexibility for occasional travel and overtime when needed. Additional requirements include high level of proficiency with technology including Microsoft Office Suite applications, Relativity, and internet research tools.
- Bachelor's degree or Paralegal Certification preferred
- 4+ years' as Litigation Legal Assistant or Paralegal
- Ability to work overtime
- Flexibility for occasional travel
Qualified candidates must have strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to work confidently and efficiently under pressure and tight deadlines. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package. EOE
*** Locations can be West Palm Beach, Miami or Ft. Lauderdale, FL
If you would like to learn more about the Litigation Paralegal position available in Florida. Please submit your resume, in Word format, to firstname.lastname@example.org.