Trustpoint One is assisting a governmental agency in its search for a Paralegal in Nashville, TN. The Paralegal will support attorneys with Affirmative Civil Enforcement matters by performing a wide variety of legal tasks. The position is temporary and all work will take place on site in the agency’s Nashville, TN office. Candidates that meet the requirements below and can travel are encourage to apply.
Paralegal Job Responsibilities:
- Perform specialized legal research and writing including research and analysis of statutes, legislative intent, judicial precedents, agency rules and regulations, and law review articles.
- Utilize automated legal research tools as well as public information databases and other automated resources to research case or program specific legal matters.
- Review and evaluate referrals to determine the need for additional information and evidence and planning a comprehensive approach to obtain this information and evidence.
- Advising attorney(s) regarding the merits and weaknesses of referrals based upon applicable law, evidence of liability and damages, and potential defenses, and recommends for or against commencement of judicial proceedings.
- Performs a variety of tasks associated with litigation of affirmative civil enforcement cases including receiving and analyzing incoming pleadings and correspondence.
- Drafting correspondence, orders and legal.
- Assisting attorney(s) in pretrial and in court proceedings.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Familiarity with electronic court filing records and databases, including the federal
- Prior litigation experience.
- Superb writing and research skills.
If you would like to learn more about the Paralegal position in Nashville, TN please submit your resume in Word format.