Trustpoint One is assisting a governmental agency in its search for a Paralegal in Knoxville, TN. The Paralegal will support attorneys in the Knoxville, TN office with a variety of legal tasks. The position is temporary and all work will take place on site in the agency’s Knoxville, TN office. Candidates that meet the requirements below and can travel are encourage to apply.
Paralegal Job Responsibilities
- Reviews, examines, prepares, and processes a variety of technical legal documents.
- Obtains needed information from files, law enforcement agencies, or other sources.
- Prepares indictments, criminal complaints, search warrants, judgments, applications, notices, affidavits, summonses, grand jury subpoenas, rules to show cause, proofs of claim, and satisfaction of judgment.
- Provides assistance to attorneys in trial preparation including compiling trial notebooks, assembling jury instructions, and compiling witness and exhibit lists.
- Coordinates with the victim/witness specialist.
- Verifies citations and statutory references contained in legal documents.
- Performs research, evaluation, and analysis of a variety of routine legal topics and points of law.
- Determines which statutes, regulations, cases, procedures and/or policies need to be researched and assembled, prepares initial summary and makes recommendations as to appropriateness of data.
- Organizes and prepares research material and determines information that is pertinent to the case.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Familiarity with electronic court filing records, and databases, to include the federal ECF/Pacer system.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Superior time-management skills. Candidates should be able to meet established deadlines and manage a high volume of cases.
If you would like to learn more about the Paralegal position in Knoxville, TN please submit your resume in Word format.